Saturday, May 10, 2008

Purely shameless plug



I'm excited to announce that Readers and Writers Blog will begin serializing
Waiting for Spring tomorrow,
Sunday, May 11.

Readers and Writers Blog was founded by a gentleman by the name of Sid Leavitt, a retired newspaper editor who once worked at the Portland* Press Herald. The site's official description: "a combination website-weblog that promotes good writing. We give writers a place to publish their nonfiction, fiction or poetry of any length at no cost and give readers a place to comment on that work." But what it is, really, is a haven for writers and a treasure trove for readers.

Currently posted work includes Gerard Jones' Ginny Good; Disconnected by J. Cafesin; and Leavitt's own Adrift in America. Needless to say I'm rather humbled by my own pending inclusion in this company, and would have touted this website even if my novel had not been accepted. The fact that it was makes it all the sweeter. So check out Waiting for Spring beginning tomorrow, along with the other very excellent writing available there.

[Note: the copy of WFS in the photo is one I had self-published at Lulu.com for my own editing purposes.]

* Maine, not Oregon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! I've got to check this site out... (and download your book! I've been meaning to do that forever...)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Karmazenuk said...

Welcome to the Legion of Leavitt!

No, that's not what we're called, but I wanted to say something witty in way of welcoming you into the stable of diamonds-in-the-rough that Sid is gathering together and helping to get exposure, especially after your own kind words on my blog.

I look forward to reading your stuff!

Crystal Lynn said...

I am so thrilled for you!!! I am also thankful for people like Sid that are willing to find unconventual ways to give talented people a real shot!

matt said...

Congratulations my second re-reading is a foregone conclusion

Crystal Lynn said...

So....when are you going to have your website signing party???