Sunday, February 17, 2008

A deal




My hubby is not a fan of facial hair. I don't mean on other guys; I'm sure he doesn't care one way or the other about that. Just on himself. Me...I like it. I've been after him for years to grow a beard, or at least a goatee. To no avail.

Over the past few days, my buddy J.C. has been using his 365 blog to chronicle the state of his facial hair growth. He likes it, his wife hates it. I showed said blog to my own hubby and he made me a deal. He'll grow a goatee if I stop coloring my hair and let it go au naturel (aka grey), a la Emmylou Harris.

I'll have to give this deal some careful thought. But, as you can see, I'll have to decide soon. If only I looked like Emmylou Harris, this would be much easier...








5 comments:

anilize said...

See, it's like this: You'll most likely spend more time looking at your husband's face (with or without goatee) than your own hair (with or without dye)...
FWIW: I quit dyeing my hair nearly two years ago after being a redhead for over ten years. I'm greying-blonde now, and don't much give a d*mn. You get used to it. And hey, you can always go back to the chemicals if you want.

Crystal Lynn said...

I am giving up the bottle...
you might find a freedom in it.
Or you can buy him a razor and hit the bottle again....

JC UNITED said...

After all the work, the effort, the shaving.

You have to do it, Kel. I worked too hard for you to give it up in the last mile.

Crystal Lynn said...

If there is any justice, his beard will come in a very sparkley grey.

CharlotteV said...

Kel! Totally go for it! I dressed up like EmmyLou for Halloween 5 years ago and everyone said I looked better than my "real" self -- the one with fake brown hair. You will save tons of money and time to spend on other things. All you need to pull it off is ATTITUDE! (And a little lipstick once in a while!)