Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Well, I was born in a small town...

It seemed like such a simple thing. I had to take a trip to the post office today to pick up a package that was too big to fit in my mailbox. But it turned into so much more...

Here's when you know you live in a small town: the post office closes for an hour for lunch.



So I figured I'd go fill up my car with gas. Imagine my shock to discover that gas prices had jumped nearly 20cents/gallon since the last time I gassed up.



I filled up anyway. Then I went back to the post office and waited for another 23 minutes. While I sat in the parking lot I took a picture of these trees:



Once the post office opened again I discovered that the package was actually for my brother-in-law. This is me swearing on the ride home:



Then, a plow truck broke down. Right in front of my road.


4 comments:

Rittenhouse said...

Man, you get some real snow over there!!!

Glad I do not have to deal with more than a few inches at a time.

anilize said...

Quite the odyssey... Ah well. You've probably got some good karma coming to make up for it :-)

Liane said...

Ouch, hon! What a dreadful day ... sounds worse than mine. Here's to that good karma coming soon, it's way overdue. :)

Crystal Lynn said...

Kel... they showed Livermore Falls on the "Today Show" this morning. Man do you guys have the snow.....and here the last few winters youall complained about the lack of snow....