Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kel's reading list


Peer pressure, that's what this is. So many of my fellow 365 bloggers have been posting photos of their latest reading material, so I'm finally caving in and doing it, too. Just please, y'all, don't go jumpin' of any bridges.

First up:

Rachel Carson, The Life of the Author of Silent Spring--by Linda Lear.

For research on my new novel. I've been meaning to read this book for several years, and now I have an excuse.

And:

The Stand--by Stephen King.

Because it's been awhile. And because the author's photo on the back flap was so cheesily 70's that it made me laugh.

5 comments:

Liane said...

I also re-read The Stand about six months ago. And it was far better than the first time, too. Only thing is my copy (bought at the second hand book store) is a 1991 paperback version so doesn't have any cheesy author pics on it ... yours looks like the real deal from '78!

anilize said...

One of these days I'll be doing the same...

R.J. Keller said...

It is the '78 edition. My library rarely updates their collection unless a book is falling apart.

It's pretty cool, actually. Last year I checked out "Middlemarch." The last time it had been checked out before that was 1914.

Liane said...

1914?!? That is insane! And wonderful in a weird kind of way ...

JC UNITED said...

Where's Wednesday's photo?